Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Union with Christ: Fesko

So many people think that their sanctification, their spiritual transformation and conformation to the holy image of Christ, is simply a matter of trying harder, of pulling as hard as they can on their moral bootstraps—resolving to be holier. However, one thing that should be clear is that Jesus clearly tells
us that the only way we will produce fruit is if we abide in Him: “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5).

Read JV Fesko's Article at:
http://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/union-with-christ-in-pauls-epistles/

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite articles i have read it so many times. It is very assuring to read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So grateful for Dr. Fesko. He has just come out with a new book. Looking forward to that as well.

      Delete

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...