Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Thou My Best Thought By Day or By Night...

A couple of nights ago Be Thou My Vision, the old Celtic Hymn was in my head and on my lips. As the phrases

"Thou my best thought by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light"
came to mind, I couldn't help think of  Philippians 4:8...

"Thou my best thought..."
 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, *think on these things.


He is true and honest: "
I am the waythe truth, and the life" ~John 14:6
He is just: "
that he might be justand the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." ~Romans 3:26


He is pure: "
For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners" ~Hebrews 7:26


He is lovely: "
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple." ~Psalm 27:4


He is of good report: "
Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." ~Luke 2:10,11

He is everything virtuous and praiseworthy
: "
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
" ~Revelation 5:20

He is our all in all and all we need, our Prophet, Priest and King. He is our Risen Lord, our Salvation, our Redeemer, our Friend, our Helper. He is our Mediator, our Husband, our Wisdom, Righteousness and Sanctification.

He is our best thought by day or by night; Waking or sleeping His presence our Light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...