Monday, July 8, 2019

Flawed

I am so thankful for the flawed characters in Scripture, Old and New Testaments.

  I am thankful for Abraham, the father of faith who also failed in his marriage and family roles.
 I am thankful for Moses who also lost his temper and was privileged to see the glory of the Lord.
 I am thankful for David who conspired to kill, rape, and take another man's wife, yet is known as the apple of God's eye.
 I am thankful for Peter who made bold claims about his faithfulness to Christ Jesus and proceeded to deny Him not once, not twice, but three times, and yet the Lord's faithfulness to him prevailed.
 I am thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ down through history and on into the present who are equally as flawed and failed in their lives and walks with the Lord, who struggle and yet own their proneness to wander.
 I am thankful because they all show us one thing: That it is not the fortitude of our faith that preserves us. It is the unfailing strength of His mercy and grace in Jesus that has saved, saves and will save us. "He who began a good work in you is faithful to complete it."
 Aren't you thankful? Let the truth sink in: Jesus, Who lived, died, was buried and rose again for our salvation, is the faithful Savior whose love is never spent and whose faithfulness never runs dry. When you show Him your flaws, He will only show you the scars on His hands, feet, and side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...