Sunday, April 12, 2020

Resurrection Day 2020

Jesus' resurrection is essential to Christian doctrine, being a crucial element of the Christan Gospel.
But it is also a *historical event, a fact documented and attested to by hundreds of eyewitnesses.
Of this event the Apostle Paul wrote, "For I passed on to you as most important what I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to
Cephas, then to the Twelve. Then he appeared to over five hundred brothers and sisters at one time; most of them are still alive, but some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one born at the wrong time, he also appeared to me." (I Corinthians 15).
This event was predicted and prophesied throughout redemptive history; the promise to Eve of a Serpent Crusher, who would defeat sin and the grave (Genesis 3) and the One of Whom Moses spoke, the Great I Am. Jesus pronounced Himself the "I Am" throughout John's Gospel, and testified of Himself, "I Am the resurrection and the life."
Today marks the day when the church universal especially recalls the Passover lamb, the promised Serpent Crusher, the promised Messiah rising from the dead declaring to the world the Father's "Amen" to the Son's "It is finished." His sacrifice: His life of perfect, perpetual, personal obedience and His substitutionary atoning death has won the purchase of our deliverance from sin, death and makes certain our hope of the resurrection and life with Him forever.
Christ died. Christ is risen. Christ is coming again! Praise to you Lord Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...