Monday, June 28, 2021

Mending Bruised Reeds

One of the marks of a Christian is confession of sin. Because we know that there is now no condemnation for us (Romans 8 ) and that when we sin, we have an advocate with the Father (I John 2) we can go before the throne of grace for the forgiveness of sin again and again without deceit and without fear.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1)

The question I think we should ponder, is how willing are we to receive other sinners when they actually are humble and transparent enough to admit they've fallen? What do we do when someone admits fault? Do we point them to their navels, or to Jesus, who is faithful to forgive and has cast all our sins into the sea of His forgetfulness?

 Lord assist us by your grace to mend bruised reeds

and help us to move forward in love because you have first loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...