Monday, July 24, 2017

Heidelberg Q&A 1.

Heidelberg Catechism Q&A 1.


1.Q.

What is your only comfort
in life and death?

A.
That I am not my own, 1
but belong with body and soul,
both in life and in death, 2
to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. 3
He has fully paid for all my sins
with his precious blood, 4
and has set me free
from all the power of the devil. 5
He also preserves me in such a way 6
that without the will of my heavenly Father
not a hair can fall from my head; 7
indeed, all things must work together
for my salvation. 8
Therefore, by his Holy Spirit
he also assures me
of eternal life 9
and makes me heartily willing and ready
from now on to live for him. 10
The Heidelberg Catechism, originally written during the Reformation, was a tool for Christian parents to use with their children to ground them in gospel truth and doctrine. Consider using it yourself and with your own children. This method of teaching is different than wrote Scripture memorization, with no context. It gives life and meaning conveyed by Scripture.


Resource: http://www.heidelberg-catechism.com/en/lords-days/1.html

1 comment:

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...