Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Jesus is the I AM of the OT

Jesus is the I AM of the OT.

As you read through the verses posted here today, meditate on what Jesus was pronouncing, both to His enemies and His followers. There can be no doubt that He was showing Himself to be the I AM Who revealed Himself in the OT, and was now, revealing Himself in the flesh. He is the fulfillment of all Scripture.

Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers
, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

John 6:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

John 6:41 So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”

John 6:48 I am the bread of life.

John 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

John 8:12 [ I Am the Light of the World ] Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

John 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these wonderful truths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words, Jennifer! Solus Christus!

      Delete
  2. How glorious it is to meditate on this truth. Jesus IS our God, our great I AM, He was and is and always will be! We will worship Him for who He IS for all eternity! Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more we know of Him, the more we know of what He's done for us, the more we love and serve Him and our neighbors. He is so good, so tender and so faithful!

      Delete

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...