Sunday, August 27, 2017

Dear Younger Self... Love, Myrtle



Today's wisdom to younger sisters comes from Myrtle, who says,

"FOLLOWING GODS WAYS ARE ESSENTIAL TO ONE'S LIFE AND IN EACH GENERATION TO COME. God's real, profound truth is to be loved obeyed in one's life, so that in LIFE we can carry on God's ways; producing the example He left in His Word, to carry into this kingdom and prepare for our Heavenly kingdom in Eternity  ...Not learning from man's ways or devices which stem from an evil stone heart, but from a heart of flesh that God in his grace and mercy we will recieve upon His faith and trust He gives us."

These precious thoughts from our older sister remind me of 
Proverbs 14:33 "Wisdom rests in the heart of one who has understanding, But in the hearts of fools it is made known," and Proverbs 16:16 "How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen above silver." 


Myrtle goes on: " how I wish going back in remembering my young self ..that I would have listened with  great love, out of great  respect towards my parents and those whom God put in authority over me. God so graciously gave to me, as he put me  in that family, for a reason and for my own good. He chose the parents for me."

Proverbs 6:20 instructs, "My son, observe the commandment of your father And do not forsake the teaching of your mother" and Exodus 20: 12 Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you.

Although, we have never perfectly obeyed and honored our parents, Myrtle would advise us to keep these words in our hearts, knowing that our parents are given to us for our instruction. As our Father in heaven has provided all things for us, for our good, let us also remember His perfect Son, Who always did the will of His Father in our place. Let us take heed to our parents' wisdom for His honor and out of love for Him, as His beloved children. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...