Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Sinners Like Us

I love David. He is always the first person I think of as a representation of God's amazing grace to sinners like me. God's people have always been epic failures and disastrous sinners...like us. But discovering or remembering our own sin or the sin of others should not astound us. If one man is capable, we are all capable of the same sin. We are all made of the same stuff. And although I wouldn't advise sin, even that serves a purpose. Forgiving, cleansing and separating it from us, in Jesus, is His way of showing off. All our sins are washed away because He lived, died, was buried and rose again for us, and I am so grateful.
Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Jeremiah 31:34 ...“for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
I Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Gal Intro and Statement of Purpose

I am Marissa Namirr, Gospel Gal. I live and work in North Florida and the Atlanta Suburbs (updated 7/16/2022). I am the wife of Mark, m...